• Do I need to do a physical examination again in China if I have done one in my home country?

    Yes. Students are required to apply for a residence permit only after they do a physical examination their local Chinese city, if the physical examination results are not up to standard, we will cancel the admission qualification.


  • How can I deal with visa problems?

    CICE helps international students with their visa application. Students should prepare the Visa Application for Study in China (Abbreviated JW202 Form). Please watch for your visa expiry date and apply for a visa at least one month in advance. For detailed information about visa, please read the item "Important tips for visa".


  • Are there any scholarships I can apply for?

    Yes, there are the: Chinese Government Scholarship, Confucius Institute Scholarship, Hainan Provincial Government International Students Scholarships, and etc. With regard to specific information about applications and admissions, please visit our website  http://gjwhjl.hainu.edu.cn/e/action/ListInfo/?classid=51

     for International Students’ Admission & Scholarship Program. Prospective students and scholars from foreign countries are welcome to apply for those  kinds of scholarships to study in HNU. 


  • After finishing a semester, if the language students want to continue their Chinese studies, which class will they go to?


    After finishing a semester, teachers will divide the students into different classes according to their current Chinese level. Most of the language students will be assigned to higher level classes. 


  • How many students are usually in one of the language classes?


    Each class will have no more than 20 students coming all over the world. The lessons mainly include a Comprehensive Chinese class , a Reading class, a Listening class and a Speaking class.

  • How do language students know which classes are suitable for them?


    Teachers will divide the students into different classes according to their Chinese level at the beginning of a new semester.

  • (1) How long is one semester of language study ? (2) What is the schedule like?


    (1) Each semester will last about 4 and half  months (16 weeks). 

    The Spring semester usually begins around the end of February or the beginning of March, and finishes around the end of June or the beginning of July.  The Autumn semester usually begins around the end of Aug. or the beginning of Sept. and finishes around the end of Dec. or the beginning of Jan..


    (2) Generally, the students will have lessons every morning from 7:40 to 11:25 during the weekdays, and are usually off on weekends and Chinese holidays. On weekday afternoons, students can take some elective courses. 

  • How long does it take for admission procedures?


    On receiving the application and required materials, we will verify them as soon as possible. After the materials have been verified, we will submit the Visa application form for Studying in China (JW202) to the relevant authorities. After the  application is approved, we will then send the admission package enclosing the Letter of Admission and the original JW202 to approved applicants. It takes about one month to process the JW202 form. Admitted students should take the original documents and photocopies including the Visa Application Form for Studying in China (JW202), the Admission Letter and the holder’s valid passport to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their country to apply for a student visa.

  • Can the passport be changed after submitting the application?


    The passport cannot be changed after submitting the application, because you will be required to reapply. If the expiry date of the holder’s passport is less than 6 months before the deadline of the application date, you should change the passport before submitting the application.

  • Can I apply for a degree program for the Spring semester?


    No. The degree programs starts in  fall semester (around the beginning of September).


 1 2 > >>
Hainan University, No. 58, Renmin Avenue, Haikou, HainanProvince, 570228, P.R. China